There are many reasons why someone might reach out for counselling; a challenging life event, seeking self-discovery or needing to speak through relationship challenges, to name but a few. I believe that it is my role as a counsellor to journey alongside my client to explore issues, thoughts and feelings and to work towards achieving their therapeutic goals.
I work from a holistic and integrative perspective drawing on various theories and approaches to form the basis of my practice. This means that I am able to use a variety of approaches such as CBT, Mindfulness and Creative Therapies, to suit my client’s individual needs. I provide a confidential, empathic and non-judgemental space for clients to be able to share freely.
I am able to offer both short-term and long-term therapy.
I have over 6 years’ experience working with both adults and children in a variety of settings. This includes primary schools, charities for young people, as well as various agencies for adults.
Issues I work with are inclusive of but not limited to:
• Anger management
• Pregnancy and birth
• Relationship problems
Qualifications / CPD:
• Psychology MSc (Conversion) / University of Northampton
• Theology and Counselling BA (Hons) / London School of Theology
• Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children / Place2Be
I have completed several CPD trainings such as:
• Child Sexual Abuse (CSA)
• Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
• Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
• Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
• Practitioner Member of Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN).